You have not viewed any products recently.
Selby Furniture Hardware Co., Inc. started in business in 1949 with the concept of offering a complete "one stop" source of hardware for the woodworking and furniture industries.
In 1949, after his honorable discharge from the U.S. Air Force after World War II, Sanford Bruckner founded Selby Furniture Hardware Co., Inc. He operated out of a small space in lower Manhattan. In 1973, his son Neil joined. Neil is now President and has brought Sanford's pioneering spirit into the 21st century.
Since the beginning, Selby has dedicated itself to introducing new offerings that help improve the assembly, design and function of products for the woodworking and furniture industries.
Quickly, Selby became known as an innovator of new hardware and was dubbed "The Houdini of Hardware" by leading furniture designers and publications. We received drawings from many furniture designers seeking solutions to difficult assembly problems.
Selby scours North America, Europe, and Asia for hardware innovations in home and office furniture as well as marine and aircraft interiors. Among its unique introductions, previously unknown in the United States, were:
- European-type concealed hinges
- No-mortise flush butt hinges
- TV pull-out swivels
- Concealed brass cylinder hinges
- Cabinet-mounted wall beds
- Electric lift-mechanisms for TVs and bars
- Surface-mounted no-bore concealed hinges
- Eccentric-cam concealed KD fittings
- Table extension mechanisms with self-storing leaves
- Taper-connectors for wood-joining
- Knock-in drawer dividers
- Concealed key-hole assembly fittings
Today, Selby operates from its 110,000 square-foot headquarters in New York City and a sales office in Montreal, Canada.